AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

English

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: English    Ven 27 Fév - 15:43

Well, I open this topic for all the girls who want to speak in english.

I have learn this language 7 years at school, and since January, i study alone to improve my english with more vocabulary and see again the grammar ( Twisted Evil)
My main motivation is for the trips. Speak easily with other travellers !

So we can talk of this and that, if we make mistakes may be we can correct us ?

I hope to see you here !
I talk in english with my sister who is bilingual but that will be great to speak here too !!

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
pastelgreen

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 27 Fév - 16:06

Hey there !

That's a great idea you got.
I guess you already post in the previous journey's topic, but where would you like to go next ? in which countries,... and why ?  Smile
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 27 Fév - 16:18

My sister fell in love with Africa (Tanzania, Nigeria, Cameroon) so, the next, idealy will be Tanzania/Kenya or Madagascar with her ! If she can't, because of her work, i would like to left in volunteering mission, South Africa, Congo, or other, it doesn't matter ! All the world is beautiful !
pastelgreen

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 27 Fév - 18:14

hope you'll fulfill all of this then Wink
If I remember well, you've already travelled many times. Did you ever left Europe ?

... btw, that made me think of Hannah Hart, an american humorist and youtuber. I really enjoy her videos.
In this one, she's stereotyping french people cooking ^^

That reminds me that sometimes, my french accent does really suck. lol
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 27 Fév - 22:15

My accent is awful, but people understand me, that is the main thing !!

I have visited Tunisia, Morocco and Indonesia outside Europe !

Did you travel too ?

[Your video is very nice x) I didn't know her !]
x--feisu--x

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 27 Fév - 23:25

So proud of you Alex!!! For sure being able to speak English is very important when you travel worldwide. I did not practice English for a while that's why I will try to improve my level by talking with you girls Very Happy
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 27 Fév - 23:33

Greeeeeat !!!
Feisu ! Did you plan any trips outside France ?
x--feisu--x

MessageSujet: Re: English    Sam 28 Fév - 7:20

Well, unfortunately I don't know when my job will grant me to have even just a week off so for the moment I don't have any plan Sad

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Sam 28 Fév - 8:35

Oh ...
Moreover, with the new house ... you can't do everything !
It's already a good year with that, isn't it ?
Halma

MessageSujet: Re: English    Sam 28 Fév - 10:13

Hey girls ! Hope I'm not intruding Smile

I love writing in/talking English (I must have been British in a past life ^^), so I'll follow this topic with great interest Very Happy
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Sam 28 Fév - 11:26

This is a topic that I will "bouder"...

Setu ar sujed a mouzh a rin...
pastelgreen

MessageSujet: Re: English    Sam 28 Fév - 13:57

Alexplosif a écrit:
I have visited Tunisia, Morocco and Indonesia outside Europe !

Did you travel too ?

[Your video is very nice x) I didn't know her !]

Just a few destinations accross Europe (Germany, Vienna, Prague, Sicily, Brussels), that's all for now. No disappointment yet, except Vienna (too loaded)

I'd really love to look outside Europe too. Mmh... like Quebec, South America, Morocco (how was it ?), and I've also got "Asia" ideas.
Otherwise, Spain (as soon as possible!)

[thank you! I find her cute Wink]

@Jenlaine: what's wrong with english ? Cool
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Sam 28 Fév - 14:33

Pastel : Morocco was very nice, i was a little bit disappointed about Marrakech but good travel. I visited this country in tour (with marmara) so it's not the same thing that when you travel in backpack ! They show us only that they want to show us !
I'm not attracted to Europe's countries, because it is not exotic. But I keep a good memory about Spain and Italy !

Halma : Welcoooooome ^^ You not disturbing us, on the contrary !

Yumno

MessageSujet: Re: English    Sam 28 Fév - 19:14

Alex , a franglais is accepting ?
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Sam 28 Fév - 22:21

Of course !
We are not totalitarian ^^

We said "is accepted" Smile
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 5 Mar - 12:38

And otherwise, where is Bryan ? Laughing
Halma

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 5 Mar - 14:51

Brian is in the KITCHEN !

(great, I want to watch Gad Elmaleh's show, now ... Has anyone seen it?)
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 5 Mar - 15:20

I have seen "Papa est en haut" and "L'autre c'est moi" ! I prefered the second !
Halma

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 5 Mar - 19:36

I've seen these too and I've really enjoyed both. A friend of mine told me his last show was awesome as well so I may watch it soon
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 5 Mar - 20:59

I've ever seen Gad Elmaleh er Vieilles Charrues. That was... great. Sans plus.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 5 Mar - 22:13

I have always believed that "les vieilles charrues" was only music Shocked
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 5 Mar - 22:29

Me too^^
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 6 Mar - 16:42

Here we are sketches by Le compte de Bouderbala, it's veryyyy funny Laughing

bymousse

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 7 Jan - 20:05

Girls, I want this topic to be active again! I think it was a good idea.
If I may, I'll try to bring you back by asking a question Wink 

Until more intellectual subjects, who is your celebrity crush and why? 

Nicki Minaj. Yes I said Nicki! She can be really pretty when she is not superficial and all, and her smile makes her terribly attractive. 

My all time crush is Angelina Jolie though. The woman is beautifull and very classy, there is no need to explain... although she is way too thin now.
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 8 Jan - 9:10

Helloooooo!!! I Am in!
Never seen This topic. This is a great idea, tanks for updating Bymousse Smile

I need to practice and improve my English too. So I'll try to join in any subjet you'd want to discuss here, or I May come with some too

Good Day girls!!!

Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 8 Jan - 9:29

Get one!!!!

Yesterday, i slept pretty late, debating with a friend about selfishness, kindness, motivations and things. I was Telling my friend that searching for satisfaction is the main human's motive in life. Whenever you are kind or doing someone a favor in a selflessly way, you end up to draw some satisfaction. I Am not saying that getting that satisfaction is your main goal when doing favors. Actually, we don't even think about that 'cause that 's quite deep inside and we are not (no, some of us are) aware of that need for satisfaction...

My friend Never agreed with me Laughing . I wasn't expecting her to anyway, and I was happy she did not. I enjoy discussing abstract matters. I love when people don't agree So they Can explain to make their point. And then, you Can See who they are, what they really think...

So, what do you girls think about the main goal in human being's life?

bymousse

MessageSujet: Re: English    Dim 10 Jan - 1:01

Thanks for bringing this topic to life again and to ask better questions than mine Lullah ^^
It makes you think  about simple things that are important. I never really asked myself what was really important in life. To respond to your question, I think the main goal to humankind is happiness.
Happiness is for me, the starting point to a great life. If you are happy, you are more confident, more able to make someone else feel better, more efficient at your job.... your are basically "more" at everything. Been happy brings the best out of you and life is always easier.
I travel and see a lot of poor people. Sometime, they don't have anything, but they give you their best smile and you can really feel that despite their poor life, they fine little things that always make them happy. They'll tell you that they have food once a day and it's better than last years cause they didn't have anything to eat back then or they'll play music and dance and laugh...
Been happy doesn't mean owning a lot of stuffs or having many (fake) friends. When you find the key to happiness, you realize that it wasn't that hard, you just needed to find the right combination.

I used the word "happy" way to much here ^^
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Dim 10 Jan - 14:43

My point exactly Bymousse!!!

Happiness is just another Word for satisfaction... a better one for that matter Wink . And I get your point. We all, as human being, are seeking for happiness/satisfaction (call that whatever you want), something that makes us feel fine, fell better.

So my point is our life is not aimless. Even the most insignifiant act has its purpose, in search of a result. When you help someone selflessly or you give of yourself without expecting anything in return, you always have this something back anyway, even if it is not from that person you helped.

I personally love offering or giving gifts. It may sound very Nice of me, but I know I might not be a basically kind persona Rolling Eyes . I Am just aware of selfishness in my gesture. I Am not saying that I Am always in search for reward, but It makes me happy to make somebody happy. Let's call This positive selfishness Laughing ... It's always rewarding to be Someone else happiness-maker...isn't It?

I do not believe that there are people who do things for themselves or for others for nothing. Even Mother Teresa, known for her Great Heart and spirit, her altruism and kindness, were happy and satisfied when helping people... So she said.

Now, everyone's happiness depends on his own means and real-life expérience. Some people content themselves with little to be happy. Happiness is something very subjective and the level of It, is not the same for each of us.
Do you know the Maslow's theory of the pyramid of the needs ? There are the Basic needs, and then as they are gradually satisfied, we go up in the hierarchy of the other needs (protection, safety, membership, self-respect, gratitude, recognition...). I mean some people May find their hapiness by owning stuffs and making much money when others are just looking for love or being in good health... We are one, but we are not the same Cool

I So very much love what you said about the Key to happiness and the right combination ... I think I have found that key, but I'm still looking for the right combinaison Question
bymousse

MessageSujet: Re: English    Dim 10 Jan - 21:57

It's not fun, we feel the same way ^^
I'll just not agree with you on one thing. Some people can do things for others without feeling any happiness or satisfaction. For example, I gave a nice present to my brother's girlfriend for Christmas, it was something meaningful for her. I am not a big fan of her at all but I did it because it was the right thing to do not because it made me feel good about myself and it did certainly not satisfied me.

I have a question for you and others who are interested enough to respond Smile

What do you think about karma?

I am not talking about it in religious terms because it's more complex. I think that for Hinduism, even those who do not appear to deserve a bad karma can have one due to wrong actions in their previous life.
The karma I am talking about is more like, whatever you do comes back to you.

I had this discussion a couple of weeks ago with my mom actually. She believes in karma and that nothing happen for no reasons.
I can understand what she means and I want to believe it but (there's always a but) I think that everything happen because of the way we act. I can hear you saying that it is the definition of karma. Of course doing good things bring you more positivities but for me, people with bad behaviors are fighters, they are strong and they'll do everything to go their way. Those are qualities that good people can have, but you always have them when you are bad.
I am crazy enough to admired my enemies and people I "hate". It amazes me to see how much energy they put in ruining someone's life or to succeed professionally.
What I mean by that is that most of the time, bad people are more successful and have what they want because they do everything in their power to win and they fall not because they had been bad and karma hit them but only because they always want too much and too much of anything is never good. They don't fall because of karma but because of themselves.

Maybe this subject is too personal for me to be objective but I saw and still see too much of the wrong people having what they want by being bad.

So! Is karma a thing or did we make that up for good people to believe that one day, the bad guys will fall?
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Lun 11 Jan - 21:25

Okay! You would do something without any feeling of happiness or satisfaction, but then would you do it for nothing? Just for the sake of doing it?
The present you gave to your in-law; you knew it was meaningful to her, right? You said you did it 'cause it was the right thing to do (were you obliged to?). The right thing for who? For yourself, for your Brother or for your family?. I believe that what satisfied you was the feeling for doing the right thing even if the girl did not deserve your present. I May be wrong, but then just make your point, girl and tell me how you did it for Nothing.

And There is karma. All I know about is that it aims to reap from past actions and sow the seeds for future life. So we're just reaping what we sowed in our previous life.
I don’t really know if I believe that theory ... I guess I do sometimes, because like many people, I happen to have kinda flashes of déjà-vu, or the feeling of knowing a person I had never met before.
And if we believe karma, we cannot escape our present pains and misfortunes because they stand for our debts in the previous life. No need to struggle, you have to undergo. But when you're going through some problems, you try to keep up by thinking you’re just paying for happiness to come, but no way sweetie! You’re paying your past debts !!!! It's just frustrating!
Referring to bad people you mentioned, those who ruin other people lives, who despise their pains. I guess they acted very good in their previous lives and they got the benefits of it in This life. So no matter how bad they are, they are the winners. This is how karma Works, right?
We come into this world each of us with already a big bagage... and we start our life as an obstacle run.... if we have screw up in our other life. Can you imagine? How the hell Am I supposed to avoid past mistakes if I Am not even aware I had a previous life??

But don’t You worry baby! With karma, we will all strive toward perfection, no matter how many lives it takes. This is an eternal, without any awareness of past mistakes; how do you want me to learn, to improve myself So to have a good karma?
You know what? The more I’m thinking about this, the less I want to believe. It scares me !!! Yet the theory seems most plausible (but Darwin was not wrong either) because everything isn’t pre-written and we have our free will to do whatever we want with our lives.
Besides, karma means reincarnation. I have trouble locating the existence of God in this. Unless I admit the existence of many gods who govern our past and futures lives, our mistakes, our regards… But from there, I get lost and I don’t understand anything anymore...

C’mon, this topic is intellectually exhausting, especially in English lool
Do you believe in karma? If choice was given to you, what would you be in your futur life? Would you still be a (lesbian) woman? The mistakes you won’t make anymore ? People you would bannish from your life forever ? Things you'd do differently?
bymousse

MessageSujet: Re: English    Mar 12 Jan - 0:58

It is exhausting! No one even try to debate with us!

I really do believe that you can do something for others without expecting any satisfaction in return or for the pleasure of giving.
So she had her present cause I am to good of a person to buy something for everybody expect for her and I was at my brother's so I kind of had to. There is maybe a little bit of hypocrisy but again, it was the right thing to do. And I guess I don't want to have an argument with my brother over something like this.

I guess a lot of your questions are rhetorical so I am not going to answer every single one of them!
I suppose I am still confused about karma, that's why I am asking others what they think about it.
Your argument is very spiritual, and you seem to be as confused as I am cause you start saying that you have a hard time believing a theory that you then develop...
So you are basically telling me that, no matter what you do in this life, what really count is your actions in the previous life. You can be bad now if you have been good then. And vice versa, if you have been bad, you have to be good in this life, as a pay back for your future life.

I am not sure I believe in karma, I guess a part of me wants to because it will give a meaning to my good actions and I will be rewarded (in this life, if I am lucky enough) but I also don't want to be too spiritual about it and take my life as it is now, no past life, no future life, just the one I am living, right now, carpe diem.
I guess I just want to see good things happening to me if I act right and be punished if my actions are bad, but life doesn't work like this, it's way more complex.

I think that, if we believe in the fact that we have multiple lives, our future is always better than our past, we keep on growing. Some people are at their top in this life because of the mistakes they made in their previous life and because they learned from their past. So, I don't know what I'll be in my future life but I know I'll be a better version of me and I'll surely be a lesbian Very Happy What about you?
I can't do shit about it, but my father would be alive.
And I think I'll be more extravagant, just the right amount.
I'd probably do thing differently and be more flexible but I'd not banish some people I met. I don't know who, but someone said "keep your enemies near you and keep an eye on your friends" something like that lol. Only your enemies and people you fight against will make you stronger and will push you to be better. I know what I want, I am strong, I want to be the best at what I am doing because of the bad experiences and the fights I had. The ones who love you make you feel good about yourself and confident, those who hat you, create a warrior.

And we go back to karma because your life is guided by your actions, the choices you make and the fights you pick. You just need to balance between the good and the bad.
THAT'S IT! Karma is all about balancing. You always have to put the right amount of good or bad in your actions. It's the yin and the yang, you need both to keep the equilibrium.

Damn, you just helped me with this big question I had for a long time!
I am not saying I have the answer but I am not in the fog like I was.

Next ^^
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Mar 12 Jan - 21:56

Funny! It May be reasonable to discuss about matters more terre-à-terre So that the girls would join? ' cause There's no end in This karma topic Laughing
Anyway keep going... Razz

In my opinion you can actually do something for others without expecting any satisfaction. BUT, you wouldn't do it for Nothing. There is always a reason, a good or bad one. Look, you said you had to do that coz it seemed right to do So, and you wouldn't want to argue with your Brother for not considering his girlfriend. I Can See at least 2 reasons why you offerred that gift Twisted Evil

Yes, that's how I understand things about karma. The present life is just to pay past debts et prepare your futur life. So no carpe diem.  Effrayant hein?! Your karma could be bad for either too many good actions or evil ones. I mean, if you're too much good you May have to pay for that in futur life loool This sounds So wrong but This is the principle of balance you were talking about. Not too good, not too bad, just enough. I definitely agree with you, karma is all about balance!!

Girl, you've just given me the missing Word in my argument Wink

If I was given the choice of who I want to be in the next life, I'd want to remain me, myself ... but in a male version  Laughing . there'd be not much to modify anyway because I think my brain is adaptable to the male  afro . an intelligent, charming lad ... a serial lover. Mdrrrrrr just kidding ...  I've always been very curious about male orgasm and I love the idea of experimenting it. You'd think I'm kinda weird lady et je le sais déjà  Rolling Eyes  Karma May be a good thing coz you'll get to experience many situations in many lives, but the fact is you canot choose your life  Neutral  , et c'est juste dommage !And also, I have the feeling that men have much less responsibility and more freedom of choice, decisions ...
And my father would be Alive too (touchy subjet)

So you would be an extravagant lesbian Laughing why extravagant?

I'm pretty surprised the way you talk about yourself, the fights you had. If I reffer to your age, you look pretty Young to me to talk like Someone who already had 2 lives. Do you consider yourself like a warrior? What is your moteur dans cette vie? What makes you move forward? Do you happen to look back?
I'm aware my questions are way to personal, So feel free not to answer if I'm being too much curious. I dont want you think I'm prying but asking questions is like my middle name, sorry :suzyrougit:
bymousse

MessageSujet: Re: English    Mer 13 Jan - 2:01

Ok I get your point about the satisfaction thing. As long as you agree that you actually can do something without satisfaction , I am satisfied ^^ And yes, there is always a reason to do something, bad or good.

You'll probably be a guy in your future life but girl, you'll be gay. There is no way a man can ask that many questions and be straight ahah

I don't mind answering you but I'll do it in private Smile
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Mer 13 Jan - 10:14

Oookay! Settled !

No way, I'd be a Gay Guy! What's the point of being a man if I cannot shag with as many women as possible?!! I'd rather remain a female So I could get chances to shag with both... :tebouffe:

Do you think straight man Can't ask those questions? I doubt that. I don't think my questions are typically female ones.... OMG! Would I be total female brain even in my soul???!  Shocked Then why do my people always Say I think like a man??  Neutral

By the way, are hou rather cerebral or emotional?

Dernière édition par Lullah le Mer 13 Jan - 22:40, édité 1 fois
bymousse

MessageSujet: Re: English    Mer 13 Jan - 21:46

It's not the kind of question you ask but the quantity ahah. You are saying that you are miss I ask a lot of questions and I don't recall a guy wondering how you feel and what would make you feel a certain way... Men are practical, not emotional ^^
As a straight man, you'll probably be the perfect boyfriend Very Happy
I can't tell you why people say you think like a man but I have my idea.

I think I am like you, I have a friend who told me one day that I have the good qualities of both men and women.
I'll assume we are the same so I am gonna put you in this ^^ so basically we are emotional but the right amount, we are girls so we talk about everything and most of all about everyone ^^ but we are reassuring, if it become a little physical, we are not doing to ask a guy for help and we can easily keep a conversation with them when they talk about sports.
We maybe feel like it can be cool to be a man but deep down, we know it's to good to be a woman, especially a woman who likes woman.

There is maybe no end talking about karma but girl choosing between being cerebral or emotional can be a long topic.
I think it depend on situations so my analysis might be shorter than I want it to be.
My gut is pretty good so I'll say that I am more emotional than cerebral but sometime you have to put your feeling aside to make a decision.
So I'll say that professionally speaking, I am cerebral and when it comes to me, I am more emotional but I always try, when I trust my feelings to be as rational as possible.
That would be my response if I have to answer right now without a thought and no situation to develop my point Very Happy
What about you?
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Mer 13 Jan - 23:50

Without any doubt, I Am a cerebral... because I have Great trouble dealing with emotions. I tend to find an explanation for everything, to intellectualize issues, because it reassures me. This can actually be taken as an expression of my insecurities or just my need to have a control through knowledge. So it's easier for me to deal with any situation if emotions aren't involved. Emotions blur my jugement; and when I take a look at all the bad decisions I have made, mostly, they have been under the influence of emotion. Though, I Am not a cold persona that I May sound. I Can be very sensitive and warm... I AM sensitive, I'm human and I'm a woman. I just hate displaying my nakedness...  A friend of mine (guess I Can still call her So), a person who knows me quite recently told me that I lacked spontaneity, like I'm the type to calculate what I express. Do you realize I waited 35 years of my life for someone to tell me that? This persona may actually be right, but only if we consider the context of her statement. I believe the best of me is not the emotional part. That is it!

Yeah, of course it's cool to be a woman, but why do you say it's better to be a lesbian? Do you think straight women are missing Something? Then how about the bisexual ones?
Feel free to answer this or not: when did you realize you like women. Have you ever been with men?
bymousse

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 14 Jan - 15:16

There is just the two of us interested enough to speaking, well, write in English ^^

I think your friend is wrong Smile Maybe you don't  easily express your feelings but you just said that being emotional doesn't bring the best of you so that's totally comprehensive. To be more efficient in everything you do, you have to control your emotions. It makes sense for me and when you know that, you shouldn't judge a friend...
And being cerebral doesn't make you less sensitive and warm. Same way around, I am emotional in the way I make decisions because it works for me but I am not that expressive when it comes to express my feelings.

I don't think it's better to be a lesbian, but If I had to choose, I'll still be a woman and I'll still love women.
This is really personal, I can't say straight girls are missing something cause we all need different things but I definitely think that bi can be a good deal because they can take the good from both genders ^^

I realized I liked women, I was about 16 but I had a hard time to accept it. What about you?
And no, I have never been with men, in my adult life...
Jaffa

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 14 Jan - 17:57

Hi!! I'm joining you for this English topic! I have just seen it and since I want to practice English I thought what a better idea to practice English while discuss on interesting subjects!

So I get a little bit confused with this karma thing and in my view you are right when you said that it is in fact the balance that it is important. Nevertheless, I think it is not the karma that "guides" our lives (perhaps i didn't understand all that you said before.. when I saw all I had to read in order to catch you up I confess that I was a little discouraged! Embarassed  

I think there is no karma but only actions. Let me explain myself..

My point is that we have to fight for what we want and most of the time, for bad or good people, if we fight for what we really want, we can have it! And we have so many examples of that! Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks are one of the best example that I can give to explain that it is not what we did or what we will do but what we are doing now that define ourselves and the kind of person we want to be and the kind of society we want to live in.Than

To get back to your former topic, cerebral or emotional, I think I'm an emotional one but I tend to rationalized all the time so most of the time I react on feelings and after I analyze by rationalizing thing. So I'm both if I had to choose, I wold be chronologically emotional first and then cerebral.

Thank you for this topic, it was very nice to read you and that's why I decided to respond.
:bouquet:

I hope you will enjoy my respond as much as enjoy your dilemma.
:jmceforum:

Have a nice evening! Very Happy
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 14 Jan - 22:02

I'm So glad you joins us Jaffa... it makes the topic more interesting, and the more the merrier :banane:

@ Bymousse
As a matter of fact, my lesbianism is unresolved for now. I Am only realizing my attraction to women and This is Something I want to figure out first before pointing it out. So lesbian, straight or bisexual are just simple words to me... not who I Am... whatever, it is not like I have been asked to make choice, So I'm just exploring, questioning... for now. Details in private silent

To get back to This karma thing, So Jaffa, you think there's no karma, only actions. Do you mean there is no concept of past or future life, and you sow and you reap all in this present and only life ?
In other words good actions lead to rewards and bad actions lead to misfortunes?
Don't you believe that it might be So, and life would be So unfair?
Now, we are not born equal (don't believe the big lie) and some of us come into this world more disadvantaged than others. Just imagine a racing start for everybody but with a lot of obstacles for some and a very well marked out route for others. Autant faire demi-tour, non? Unless you have This insane courage (Wink bymousse)
And how about those who die even before they got a chance de make actions (good or bad)?
What about all those children who are starving or are victims of wars for which they didn't ask nothing?
How would you explain, the good people die et the bad people survive longer enough to cause more damages?

Jaffa, I enjoyed jour statement about karma, and if I have to admit that my present actions define who I Am, then my question would be: are my actions from my free Will or I Am doing what is expected from me? Can I do my own way or the way it should be? What Am I allowed to do or not in the system I live in?

I'm sorry girls, This topic is scattering my brain Mad . This is quite a puzzle. I don't even know why I put so much passion in this coz deep inside I don't even believe that much in karma Suspect

Enjoy my non-rethorical questions ,girls... :drapeaublanc:
Cheers! :jmceforum:
bymousse

MessageSujet: Re: English    Jeu 14 Jan - 23:43

Yeaaaaaaah! Lullah, we are not alone anymore Smile Welcome Jaffa and feel free to choose a topic to discuss Smile
You disappointed me when you said you were discouraged by our posts ahah I am kidding, I totally get it ^^

Who started with this karma thing? It's seriously a complex subject to discuss ^^
Jaffa, I think life is way more difficulty than "my actions are good, I'll have a good life, my actions are bad, my life will be bad". I'll say like Lullah, don't believe the big lie ^^ If Martin Luther King had to be rewarded for his good actions, I don't think he would have die, the guy was good and pacifist.
Life is a big complex thing and I don't think we can and should simplify it.
I can give you hundreds of examples of good people having a shitty life and I also can tell you good things that happen to bad people, I see it everyday.

Jaffa, I should tell you that Lullah loves to ask a lot of questions, so be ready ^^

I am waiting for the details Lullah Wink
Jaffa

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 15 Jan - 15:13

Thanks for your answers! I was very happy to read them! Very Happy

Bymousse, you are right !! Lullah asks so many questions ^^ I'm kidding!

I totally agree with you Bymousse when you say that it is far more complex than "my actions are good, I'll have a good life, my actions are bad, my life will be bad".

And yes Lullah, We are not born equal and some people have more chance than others! And maybe it is Karma that put us in the life we have. Nevertheless, I think that despite the fact that some people are born with "bad luck", they can improve their life by fighting for it (of course, in so many situations it is not the case, and despite all courage they can have they can't succeed in improving their life). So perhaps, Karma really exits but actions and decisions that we made during our lifetime determine where we are now.

Indeed, karma is a complex subject ^^ why did I revive this topic? Smile

I'm ready for others questions Very Happy
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Ven 15 Jan - 20:23

Hey girlies Very Happy

My questions aren't tedious at all. The karma topics is Rolling Eyes

If you want, we can shift on a more mundane topic ... what would you be interested in? Your choice, girls, coz I'm pretty comfortable on everything  Cool . Yeah I have this big flaw to have an opinion on everything Twisted Evil
No, that's not true Neutral . I have no opinion about...scratch  money, for instance. Don't get me wrong, I just said money, not the way it can be used, okay? tongue
So would you be interested in discussing about what is your relationship to money?
Or we Can also talk about jealousy in relationships? By the way, Are you involved in a love affair? What a jealous woman are you or not? How far would you go or have you already been because of jealousy?
Remember, girls, you can submit another topic but you can also pretend this jealousy one is interesting lol!
bymousse

MessageSujet: Re: English    Sam 16 Jan - 16:03

I have an opinion on everything too Smile
Let's talk about money, it can be an interesting topic. And again Lulllah, I am not materialist Wink

First, people who say that money doesn't make you happy are in my opinion, jealous. Having money makes your life way more easier.
Second of all, us Frenchies, have a big, no a huge problem with money in general and people who money. There is no shame in being rich...
Anyway, your questions was about our own relationship with money.
I have no problem with money and people who have money. If they do, it's because they worked for it and they worked hard.
I didn't have a lot of money as a child but my mom always made sure to give us what we needed. The thing is, even if I didn't felt the need to have money, I saw that we were less fortunate than my friends at school or my cousins but I knew we had what was important so no money wasn't a big deal for me and I never was ashamed of what we had.
Now I am not personally "rich" but my brother is wealthy and he is generous, I often have great gifts and do things that a lot of people can't do.
I can tell you girls that it is much nicer to have money! You can do everything you want without always checking your balance and you can give to others as much as you want.
So now that I have my own money and that sometime the end of the month isn't easy I can tell you that it's good to be wealthy.
I enjoy everything extra that I buy cause it's good to wish for something and then saved money for finally being able to purchase what you wanted for so long. You also rationalized because you want a lot of things but you have to analyze your need to make sure not to waist what little you have. And I always have money on the side for emergency or taxes.
I think that when you have money and you used to be an average person, it's good to remember your old times and be smart in the way you spend money and do your investments.

And for the relationship part, I am not involved in a love affair and I don't think I am the jealous type, just the right amount.
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Sam 16 Jan - 19:22

I feel less alone. Thx for joining Surprised

So, let's go for the money. And Bymousse, I got it that you' re not a material girl... I never thought you were Wink

There are riche people who Say money cannot buy happiness. I think they are jealous too Very Happy , unless they know what they are Talking about and really mean it. The saying that money doesn't buy happiness, is incomplete in my opinion. If we admit, we might as well stop running for money after all!

So my Relationship to money... I like money. I hate running out of money Rolling Eyes and I always try to manage so that it doesn't happen. Money is like a way to freedom. It aims to free myself from the obligations of society in terms of living and payment of taxes, and it allows me to create my moments of satisfaction, contentment. Does this make me a material girl? Does the fact that I can afford things with money makes me happy?

To the first question, I would say... yes, a little. I surely have a materialistic side that I also entertain by working hard to earn the money that allows me to afford what I want. When I was younger, my father used to say "when There's money, it's ok, and when it's gone, too bad ...". To say that money is just a means, not an end in itself. I grew up with this philosophy. To those who say that money does not buy happiness, I say "yes, we comfort ourselves as can "

But does money really make happy? (my second question, then) How can we expect happiness from a thing? I think I'd be just as happy and satisfied if the stuffs I buy myself were offered to me. Thus, I was given to live without having to pay for my housing, my food, my health, my clothes, my hobbies etc. I'd be more than willing to do without money! So, no, money doesn't make me happy, but it gives me some feeling of freedom and sometimes feeling of power. When I feel like I (materially) miss nothing (yes, it can happen), Well, I may not be happy either.
I happened (more than once, actually) to tell myself that it's so easy for a rich person to say that money does not make you happy; and I was thinking "how about you give me your money and see if I'm not happy?". Then I realize that we are often unhappy because of our own desirs and that's not the fault of the money. So, money is just something that means what you want it to.
So, how far can I go for money? Not that far away, if I ought to loose my balance and quality of life. That is it!
bymousse

MessageSujet: Re: English    Dim 17 Jan - 2:25

And back at 2 ^^

Ok so we are now talking about money and happiness.
I first totally agree with everything you said. We really need to find a subject where we can fight a little Wink
If you remember, to your question about our main goal in life, I said finding happiness and not once I talked about money.
Money doesn't bring happiness and being happy doesn't mean being rich.
Money gives you pleasure! What do I do when I have money? I go to a nice restaurant, I buy nice things to me and people I care about, I only do pleasurable things. Basically, having a lot of money is fun Very Happy

What would you do if tomorrow, you win millionS of euros ?
Jaffa

MessageSujet: Re: English    Dim 17 Jan - 9:29

Hello girls! Sorry for my absence! I didn't get the chance to get back on the forum!!

What you said about money is pretty much what I think about money. Especially, the fact that money can make you happy in the way that gives you pleasure, comfort and security and freedom because with money we can do almost whatever we want.

I think money can give you happiness if you are able to understand the cost of life and not lose the real life (I talk about people than earned a lot of money in a short time, in general, they might have problems with money because of the jealousy than can bring and because they don't used to have whatever they want thanks to money. In this case, money can bring you bad things.

Nevertheless, I think it is a good thing to have money in order to be able to be in security and to have fun.  

What I will do with millions of euros? I think I will go around the world and visit almost every countries we have on the earth.

And you, what will you do?

Have a nice Sunday :majorette:
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Dim 17 Jan - 13:19

bymousse a écrit:

I first totally agree with everything you said. We really need to find a subject where we can fight a little Wink
If you remember, to your question about our main goal in life, I said finding happiness and not once I talked about money.
Money doesn't bring happiness and being happy doesn't mean being rich.
Money gives you pleasure!

I definitely validate that money brings présure Wink Wink ... but isn't pleasure part of happiness? Surprised

Yeah, I do remember you didn't mention money, not even once, when speaking about the main goal in life. I took it that happiness is made of So many things that money alone cannot fulfill. If being rich doesn't mean being happy, however being happy could include material wealth.
My exact point is you could be happy with or without money and vice versa.

And if I come to win euromillions I'd be so happy to have riche people problems :woohoo: ... I would be happy to put my family in the best material conditions possible and free from need, securing my kid's financial future and just enjoy life, you know, like smelling the flower :titelilie27: . I think I would keep on going to work, at least part time (faut pas déconner non plus :boude: ), at least So to have the opportunity to show off all the clothes that I would buy :tebouffe: .... no, just kidding... this is above all for not being disconnect with social realities, being my own Boss...

And how about you Jaffa? What would you do if you Win euromillions?

Hey girls, we have to find a topic where we can fight and oppose points of view... a subject to unleash passions, you know :tebouffe:
So what could it be? scratch
Lullah

MessageSujet: Re: English    Dim 17 Jan - 13:20

Jaffa a écrit:
Hello girls! Sorry for my absence! I didn't get the chance to get back on the forum!!

What I will do with millions of euros? I think I will go around the world and visit almost every countries we have on the earth.

Have a nice Sunday :majorette:

So that is it? Just travelling... and?? Laughing
Jaffa

MessageSujet: Re: English    Dim 17 Jan - 23:41

Hey!

Yes!! I will travel (I think I will finish my studies to be able to work in the field I want before going to do the world around)!

But I love travelling! It is so exciting to meet other people and other culture and with money it is possible to travel wherever you want!!

Then of course, I will save money for my future and the future of my family Very Happy

I would like to launch a subject but I don't have a lot of ideas!! So I will pursue on travel, how do you see intercultural differences between countries? Do you think it is a good think? And have you ever been confront to cultural differences? I hope this subject will interest you, otherwise don't hesitate to launch another subject Very Happy
taureau

MessageSujet: Re: English    Lun 18 Jan - 10:06

Hi Smile

I've seen this Topic and say for my self " Why not? it will be a good training" so i'm here ^^

I apologize right now for all the presents future syntax and others faults x)

bymousse a écrit:

To answer to this question:

If I win millionS of euros, i will made many thing, more and less (yes, i want to said "and" and not "or" ^^) materials.

in a first time, i will go in a good restaurant to reactive some olds memories.
After that, i will help some peoples of my family, and i will payed myself some travels: to Ireland, United Kingdom, USA, Canada, ...

in the same time, i began a lot of activities that i want to practices more or less in the same time.

that's all ^^

Have a good afternoon ^^
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: English    Aujourd'hui à 1:26

English
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant